Sports & Biomechanical
A biomechanical assessment pertains to any postural, structural or movement concerns affecting the lower limb.
These may include areas of the lower back, hip, knee, ankle and feet.
Symptoms that may require a biomechanical assessment may include any foot or leg pain including:
- Muscle and Joint pain,
- concerns for the way you stand, walk or run,
- injury and
- analysis of shoes and wear patterns.
During this assessment our podiatrists will diagnose and treat your condition after taking a thorough case history, check your joint range of motion, test muscle strength, analyse the way you walk and the wear on your shoes.
The cause behind your pain can vary, and our podiatrists at Sydney Podiatry Co are highly trained and skilled in diagnosing symptoms that cause foot and leg pain.
Common symptoms we assess, diagnose and treat include:
- Heel pain
- Arch pain
- Knee pain
- Ankle sprains and high ankle sprains
- Sport specific lower limb conditioning
- Achilles pain
- Foot and ankle rehabilitation
- Painful toes from running (runners toe)
- Ligament sprains
- Calf pain
- Nerve pain (anywhere in the foot and ankle)
- Bone fractures
- Growth plate injuries in children and adolescents
We offer a range of therapies that may be appropriate for your concern, including orthotic therapy, myofascial techniques, rehabilitation and exercise programs, gait analysis and retraining and running technique analysis.